By Dan Wellman
Ten sensible tasks that workout your ability, construct your self belief, and assist you grasp jQuery
• See what percentage of jQuery's equipment and homes are utilized in actual events. Covers jQuery 1.9.
• discover ways to construct jQuery from resource records, write jQuery plugins, and use jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile.
• Familiarise your self with the newest comparable applied sciences like HTML5, CSS3, and frameworks like Knockout.js.
jQuery Hotshot walks you step-by-step via 10 tasks designed to familiarise you with the jQuery library and similar applied sciences. each one undertaking specializes in a selected topic or part of the API, but additionally appears at anything comparable, like jQuery's legit templates, or an HTML5 characteristic like localStorage. construct your wisdom of jQuery and similar technologies.
Learn a wide swathe of the API, as much as and together with jQuery 1.9, via finishing the 10 person initiatives lined within the book.
Some of the tasks that we'll paintings via over the process this e-book comprise a drag-and-drop puzzle online game, a browser extension, a multi-file drag-and-drop uploader, an enormous scroller, a sortable desk, and a warmth map.
Learn which jQuery tools and strategies to take advantage of during which events with jQuery Hotshots.
What you are going to examine from this book
• the best way to use the most recent model of jQuery (1.9) in real-world occasions.
• Create a jQuery plugin based for enterprise and maintainability.
• build a customized model of jQuery utilizing Node.js and Grunt.js, and how one can run unit assessments utilizing qUnit.
• construct on best of on-line companies like Google Maps to create interactive interfaces.
• Use templating frameworks to simply and successfully create repetitive parts of the web page populated with info.
• start with the comparable jQuery-powered frameworks jQuery UI and jQuery cellular.
• Produce interactive interfaces that reply to person interactions utilizing the Model-View-View version framework Knockout.js.
• Use the most recent net criteria like HTML5 and CSS3 to create beautiful and semantic websites.
This ebook takes a hands-on, tutorial-style method that walks you step -by -step via 10 person tasks that every specialize in generating a particular, real-world product or program.
Who this ebook is written for
This booklet is aimed basically at front-end builders, ideally already with a bit jQuery adventure, or these people who easily are looking to construct on their latest talents with jQuery.