By Martin Fowler
While rigorously chosen and used, Domain-Specific Languages (DSLs) may well simplify advanced code, advertise powerful conversation with buyers, enhance productiveness, and unclog improvement bottlenecks. In Domain-Specific Languages, famous software program improvement specialist Martin Fowler first offers the data software program pros have to make a decision if and while to make use of DSLs. Then, the place DSLs turn out compatible, Fowler provides powerful concepts for construction them, and publications software program engineers in selecting the best ways for his or her functions.
This book’s ideas might be applied with most up-to-date object-oriented languages; the writer presents a number of examples in Java and C#, in addition to chosen examples in Ruby. at any place attainable, chapters are prepared to be self-standing, and so much reference issues are provided in a well-recognized styles structure.
Armed with this wide-ranging e-book, builders may have the information they should make vital judgements approximately DSLs—and, the place acceptable, achieve the numerous technical and company merits they give.
The subject matters coated include:
• How DSLs examine to frameworks and libraries, and whilst these possible choices are sufficient
• utilizing parsers and parser turbines, and parsing exterior DSLs
• knowing, evaluating, and selecting DSL language constructs
• deciding on even if to take advantage of code new release, and evaluating code iteration strategies
• Previewing new language workbench instruments for growing DSLs